Sports combine technical, tactical, physical and mental aspects. A players performance is affected by the conscious, subconscious and by ones self image.
- Derg Isle creates a perfect team environment, from the individual to the team. Life coaching techniques used by our Instructors allows players to grow, enabling them to overcome mental challenges and allowing them to play without restriction.
- The Instructors at Derg Isle will endeavor to bring your squad together to form a cohesive and formidable unit by building on the foundations established throughout the course. These foundations are paramount if any team or individual are to succeed in his or her chosen sport.
- The instructors will stress the importance of good communication between all members throughout the squad. Programmes used will help all team members communicate more efficiently while identifying the players who require a demonstration of a skill and the player who is comfortable with a verbal explanation.
- The importance of motivation within a team will also be discussed. As a group, we will discuss the need to ‘dig deep’ when we are several points down or two tries down in the first five minutes of the game.
- These and many more topics will be explored and solutions offered, around a big log burner in the Celtic hut or on Survival Island whilst tucking into hot food after a physically demanding but rewarding day in the forest and on the water.
Excellent facility, excellent instructors. Very enjoyable challenges and activities. Succeeded in teambuilding which was the goal. We leave a tighter, more united and mentally stronger team
Kerry Senior Hurling Management
We felt the instructors were able to get their message across to the players. They were personable and the players related to them. The instructors demonstrated confidence in their instruction and it was well received. We can only say positive things about today.
Drumcullen GAA, Co. Offaly
Very professional, sacred feel to the place, meeting room has an aura about it, facilities in general Top Class!
Sixmilebridge Senoir Hurling Team, Co. Clare
Varied activities catered to all individual strengths, excellent leadership, the instructors had a great appreciation for the diversity within the team and managed the session very well
The Heath Football Club, Portlaoise
Perfect reception upon arrival to end of day, we started with a squad and ended with a complete team
U16 Clare Camogie Team